One of the largest components of your home is your roof. Your roof will allow you to stay dry and warm throughout some of the most severe types of weather. However, over time your roof may need to be replaced, and this is a large task. It's ideal to know the some of the most common types of roofing materials used if you're in this type of situation.
Asphalt shingles are one of the top choices when it comes to restoring your residential roof. There are numerous advantages to choosing this roofing material, and some of these are listed below:
1. These types of shingles are available in a wide selection of colors and brands.
2. Asphalt shingles are easy to install, and if you're handy, you may be able to do the job yourself in your free time.
3. These shingles are easy to maintain and are durable as well. It's possible for asphalt shingles to last for 20-30 years in some climates. The weather in your area will have an impact on the durability of your shingles.
4. Asphalt shingles are an affordable roofing option for you to choose.
If you love the way a metal roof looks, this may be your roofing material of choice. This type of roofing material is one of the longest lasting ones on the market. Studies show that metal roofing can last up to 75 years in some cases, and listed below are some other benefits to consider:
1. Metal roofs are resistant to fire.
2. This type of roofing is light-weight, and this makes it easy to transport and install.
3. Metal roofing will not rot and is considered to be good for the environment.
If you love making the exterior of your home look its best, you may want to consider a clay tile roof. This is one of the most attractive options to many homeowners, and has many other advantages.
Some of the benefits of clay tile include that it lasts a long time and is resistant to both fire and rot.
The key to having a home that shelters and protects you is having a roof on it that is in good condition. Be sure to consult with your roofing contractor to help you make the right choice today!
Contact a company like Hazelmere Roofing LTD for more information about replacing your roof.